The Tutor's Code of Conduct
Have a plan...
- Plan the Tutoring session beforehand.
- Write out an agenda in 5 minute intervals. This serves to focus you on the
- Use the The 10-Step Tutoring Session.
...but be flexible
- Don't stick to a plan at all costs. A Student may have other needs or may take the
session in an unplanned direction. The Tutor must judge if diversions from the session-plan are
justified and worthwhile.
- If the session strays off course, the Tutor can direct attention back to Tutoring-work by
"This talk is (interesting, fascinating, fun), but we have work to do. Maybe we can pick it
up after the session or at another time."