The Tutor's Code of Conduct
A Tutor's responsibility is not total.
The Tutor is not responsible for...
It is not the Tutor's role...
- whether or not the Student succeeds.
- helping someone who won't work.
- not being able to help someone with insufficient learning skills and prior
- unclear and confusing class assignments
- a poor instructor
When the demands of tutoring seem excessive, the Tutor can discuss changes directly with the
Student or with the Tutoring Supervisor.
- to do the Student's work.
- to intervene in the Student's personal life.
- to intervene in the Student's relationship with the instructor.
- to be available to the Student outside of scheduled Tutoring times.
- to be the Student's friend.