- gallery floorplan
- usage guidelines and facilities request form
Nature of the Facility
• The Art Gallery at Skyline College is a 1750 sq. ft. space appropriate for exhibitions of artwork, cultural, social, musical, and literary events, which can accommodate up to 100 people. The mission of this facility is educational with the primary activities revolving around the artistic and cultural. The Gallery Coordinator is Paul Bridenbaugh
Guidelines for Use
• Skyline College and the community are invited to use the facility. First priority is given to Skyline Art and Music Departments. Use by other areas will be scheduled if they do not conflict with art and music.
• The space may be used for meeting and social events where refreshments are served provided that such use does not endanger the artworks.
• The scheduling of events will be determined by the gallery coordinator and will be the primary consideration when reviewing an event for approval in the space.
To reserve the Gallery:
• Contact the gallery coordinator for more information regarding reserving the gallery space for an event. If the gallery is available for your event, you will be asked to complete a facilities request contract. The contract must be completed, signed by the Dean of Social Science and Creative Arts, and sent to Buildings and Grounds at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
Contract can be downloaded here- click here to download form
• Priority will be given to Skyline Art and Music uses up until 6 (six) months prior to the date. You are urged to submit the contract to the Gallery Coordinator as soon as possible.
• Your contract assures you of your place in the schedule at the date and times specified in the contract
• The Gallery will secure the appropriate approval.
• The Gallery has available: 100 chairs, 4 rectangular 6x3 ft. folding tables.
• If you need other items such as: round tables you may order these through an off campus source such as Mike Hensley Rentals in South San Francisco. Item such as: a podium, microphones, and other media equipment may be ordered from Media Services.
Gallery Requirements and Limitations:
• Gallery use is limited to hours when on-site staff supervision can be provided.
• Only Activities allowable under board policy and state law may be scheduled.
• Users must agree to observe and abide by the insurance, fire and safety requirements of the district.
• Those who use the Gallery must have certification of insurance. (In-district users are covered by the district policy)
After your Event:
You are responsible for clean up and for providing instructions on the contract for the return of equipment and the removal of items brought for the event.
Office Ext. 4294
bridenbaugh at smccd.net