The following salary schedules require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need it, get it free here.
Executive Salary Schedule
Management Salary Schedule
Academic-Classified Supervisory (Exempt) Salary Schedule
Classified Professional/Supervisory Salary Schedule
Confidential Employees Salary Schedule
Classified Salary Schedule
Facilities Planning and Operations Salary Schedule
Regular Faculty Salary Schedule
Regular Faculty Overload Salary Schedule
Faculty Post-Retirement Salary Schedule
Part Time (Adjunct) Salary Schedule (Instructional)
Part Time (Adjunct) Salary Schedule (Non - Instructional)
All District employees are paid once a month, on the last working day of each month. Employees may elect to have monthly paychecks deposited directly to their bank, credit union or other financial institution.
All District employees are paid according to established "salary schedules" that include incremental salary "steps." Salary schedules vary according to the job classification.
Pursuant to satisfactory service, employees advance on the salary schedule by one step each year. In addition, employees may receive cost of living increases that are based upon union negotiations.
Initial salary placement for full time faculty is based upon degrees and the number of higher education units taken, in addition to years of applicable, previous work experience. Adjunct (part time) faculty salary placement is based upon the number of years of applicable, previous work experience with additional steps awarded for new employees who have doctorate or juris doctorate degrees upon hire.
The District offers a wide array of benefits to eligible employees and their dependents. Employees in regular District positions who are hired in for at least 50% of full time are eligible to receive the following benefits, beginning on the first day of the calendar month after employment:
View the 2014 Benefits Brochure
- Medical: a selection of medical plans, both Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) offered through the CalPERS Health Plan System
- Dental: a choice of two dental plans, including one plan that offers orthodontic coverage for minors. Both dental plans are District paid
- Vision: District paid coverage through Vision Service Plan, offering frames and lenses every twelve calendar months
- Life: District paid life insurance coverage for employees and eligible dependents, with an option to purchase additional coverage if desired
- Employee Assistance Program: District paid coverage for private, off-site counseling in a wide variety of personal life areas
- Flexible Benefits (IRC 125) Plan: employees enroll in this program in order to convert out-of-pocket medical, child care, dependent care and specific other expenses into pre-tax benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability / Salary Continuance: monthly salary continuation for employees who are ill but have exhausted their accumulated sick leave
- Retirement System: academic employees are enrolled in the State Teachers' Retirement System, and non-academic employees in the Public Employees' Retirement System.
Both systems are State-defined retirement programs through the State of California. Employees pay a month contribution which is matched by a District contribution, and can become eligible for retirement after vesting and reaching the minimum retirement age.
BENEFITS: PART TIME FACULTY
Eligible part time (adjunct) faculty may enroll in the following benefits:
- Medical Reimbursement Program: employees receive partial reimbursement for premium payments made to a wide variety of medical plans
- Flexible Benefits (IRC 125) Plan: adjunct faculty can also enroll in this program in order to convert out-of-pocket medical, child care, dependent care and specific other expenses into pre-tax benefits
- Retirement System: choice of State-defined benefit programs offered through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS)
Most academic (faculty) and non-academic (classified) positions in the District are represented by one of three collective bargaining units ("unions") that have negotiated contracts which govern such employment rights and benefits as cost of living increases, benefits, vacation and sick leave, overtime and other working conditions.
Employees who serve in positions that are union represented are required to pay nominal union dues or an equivalent monthly service fee.
Contact the Office of Human Resources:
Automated Service Line (650) 574-6555
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org