Skip to contentSkip to main navigationSkip to local navigation


Transfer Programs

Transfer programs are mainly available to community college students. The lower division units/courses and/or degrees completed at a community college level may be awarded to a Bachelor's at four-year universities.

Associate and Certificate degrees

San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley offer Associate degrees and Transfer Programs: Associate degree programs are two-year programs, Associate degree in Arts (AA degree) and Associate Degree in Science (AS degree) that will be awarded when the student successfully completes all necessary graduation requirements (60 degree applicable units/credits) with a required Grade Point Average (GPA).

Download List of Degrees Offered

Intensive English Language Programs

Students who apply to a San Mateo College of Silicon Valley and have met all of our admission requirements, with the exception of English proficiency requirement, may choose to enroll in one of our partner English language schools.

By enrolling in one of our partner English language schools, students will receive a conditional letter of admission from the San Mateo College of Silicon Valley. When students complete the required level at our partner language school, we will issue the acceptance letter.

List of Proficiency Requirements


  Notice: As of November 15, 2013, we will no longer accept iTEP scores as meeting our English proficiency requirement.