skip directly to: content



Key/Access Request for Faculty & Staff    keys
To request keys or access controls devices, please submit a fully executed Key Request Form to the Facilities Department via email attachment, fax or intercampus mail. You will be contacted by the   Facilities Department when your key/device is ready for pick-up, typically within 48 hours of the receipt of your completed request. If you have any questions about doors, keys and/or access controls, please contact the Facilities Help Center. To learn everything you ever wanted to know about keys at the San Mateo County Community College District, please visit the Key/Physical Access Controls Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Facilities website.



Escort Service
The Public Safety Department will provide escort service to and from your vehicle or public transportation. You can request an escort by contacting us.


Lost & Found
The Public Safety Office at each campus is the official location for lost and found property. If you should lose or find an item, contact the Public Safety Department on your campus or to report an item lost, please enter your information here.


Vehicle Battery Jump Start


Maintain and Enforce Public Safety


Parking Enforcement / Citations
The Public Safety Department enforces parking, traffic regulations and the California Vehicle Code under the authority of Section 21113A CVC.

The San Mateo County Community College District provides parking on campus, but does not accept liability for vandalism, theft or accident. Except for specific spaces reserved for visitors, staff and the disabled, parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. A parking permit is not a guarantee of a parking space.

Citations for parking violations are sent to the Office of Parking Violations weekly. All citations are reviewed by the Office of Parking Violations and must be processed through the Office of Parking Violations procedures.


Community Policing


Medical Emergencies
From time to time, medical emergencies do occur. Once you have determined the nature of the emergency, it is imperative that you call for help as soon as possible.
1. If a serious injury or illness occurs on campus, call 9-9-1-1 from an on-campus phone or 9-1-1 from any other phone. Give your name, location and telephone number. Describe the nature of the medical problem and the location of the victim.   first aid
2. Call the Public Safety Department and/or the Health Center/Nurse.
3. Assist the victim until help arrives. Ask the victim "Are you okay?" and "What's wrong?"
4. Check breathing and pulse.
5. Control serious bleeding by applying direct pressure to the wound.
6. Keep the victim still and comfortable. Have the victim lie down if necessary. Reassure the victim and do not move him or her unless absolutely necessary.

General Emergency Evacuations
1. Be aware of all marked exits in your area and building.
2. When the building evcuation alarm is sounded or when you are ordered to leave by the Public Safety Department or College staff, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit. Exit the building following any given instructions or to the safest open area or nearest parking lot.
3. Make sure all staff/students have evacuated the office/classroom.
4. Assist the disabled in exiting the building and escort them to the parking lot if safe to do so, or unless otherwise directed.
5. Once outside, proceed to the safest open area or nearest parking lot. Keep walkways clear for emergency vehicles.
6. Do not return to a building until told to do so.


Liaison with Local Law Enforcement and Fire Department




San Mateo Police Department

(650) 522-7700

Redwood City Police Department

(650) 780-7000

San Bruno Police Department

(650) 616-7100




San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office

(650) 363-4911




San Mateo Fire Department

(650) 522-7940

Woodside Fire Department

(650) 851-1594

San Bruno Fire Department

(650) 877-8995